NeoCal for Qtopia Version 1.4.4-1
Released on August 7, 2002
The main distribution file, in .zip or .tgz format, contains this
user guide in .pdf format and both the NeoCal application and user
guide in .ipk format. The user guide .ipk file can be installed and
removed independently of the application itself and is not required
for use of the calculator. Due to current technical limitations, the
user guide must be installed to RAM, not an expansion card.
To transfer the software to the Zaurus using Qtopia Desktop on the PC,
- Click on the Documents icon on the left side of the window.
- Choose the File -> Upload File menu option to upload the
neocal-qtopia ipk file to the Zaurus. Optionally, upload the
neocal-guide-qtopia ipk file to install the HTML user guide.
To install the software on the Zaurus,
- Tap the Settings tab of the Qtopia home screen.
- Tap on Add / Remove Software.
- If a previous version of NeoCal is already installed, uninstall
- Tap the Install packages button.
- Tap on the neocal-qtopia package, then click OK on the Install dialog.
- Optionally, tap on the neocal-guide-qtopia package and then click
OK on the Install dialog.
- Close the Package Installer window.
- Close the Add/Remove Software window, Qtopia will restart. You
should now see the NeoCal icon on the Applications tab of the Qtopia
- Delete the neocal-qtopia and neocal-guide-qtopia ipk files from
the Zaurus. This can be done either on the Zaurus or in the Qtopia
Desktop documents view.
For additional information, please refer to the documentation
supplied with your handheld.
The NeoCal User Guide is provided in Adobe Acrobat format and contains instructions for using NeoCal. This guide can also be viewed on the web in HTML format.
Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
- Released initial Linux / Qtopia version for Sharp Zaurus
- Added Fixed display format
- Added larger keyboard glyphs
- Added menu button support for Zaurus (now requires ROM >= 1.10)
- Renamed Algebraic input method to Precedence; changed annunciator
from ALG to PRC
- Added RPN input method prompt for first time users
- Fixed display problem where some numbers were rounding down when
the remaining digits were "50..."
- Fixed incorrect display when using scientific or engineering
notation that caused the exponent to be improperly incremented by
one when the first digit of the result was rounded upward and a
carry was generated.
- Released Qtopia-specific documentation
- Repackaged on-device user guide for use with a web browser
For a complete revision history, please see the NeoCal for Qtopia User Guide.
This version of NeoCal is released as freeware as a special thanks
to everyone supporting the Linux community. What has been
accomplished so far is truly amazing!
You may use this software free of charge without explicit registration.
The latest version of NeoCal can be found on the web at http://www.hudren.com.
Copyright (c) 2000-2002 Hudren Andromeda Connection. All rights reserved.