Ever wondered if the New Horizons probe can find KBO’s out there before Earth-based telescopes?
How much closer to a KBO would NH have to be to get a better view than the best Earth based telescope?
New Horizons had 2 cameras: the LORRI (8.2″) and the Ralph (2.4″):
The largest telescope is the 409″ Gran Telescopio Canarias.
The light gathering power of a telescope/camera is proportional to the area of its aperture. So the Earth telescope has 2500x the power of the larger New Horizons camera. But light decreases as the square of distance – so New Horizon needs to be 1/50th as far from the KBO as Earth. Note, the “squares cancel” and the relative distance is proportional to the lens aperture.
For example, if the hypothetical Planet X is ~50 billion miles from the sun, New Horizons would have to be within 1 billion miles of it.
Disgusted at the smug yet wrong answer on Quora that Killary’s private email server wasn’t illegal, I thought I would “google” it. Page after page of liberal & MSM apologists for her! All critical/conservative pages removed. Google is now completely unreliable for any political searches. Try GoodGopher instead.
But it’s worse than that because the FBI/DOJ/Congress actively covered up her crimes by refusing to do a proper investigation:
- FBI never demanded access to the servers to see if they had been hacked
- CIA/NSA had all the emails + record of hacker’s internet access which FBI refused to look at.
- No attempt to investigate damage caused by leaked classified information.
- No attempt to investigate Killary’s email received by government officials,
- No more mention of tens of thousands of Killary emails on Weiner’s laptop
- No attempt to look at Clinton’s finances or foundations for bribes paid.
First post. I’m going to cover dailiy news or activities I think are important or interesting. Today , I’m monitoring my new solar oven while it cooks a pot of beans. It’s 71 F today but the oven reads about 180 F and I can smell the beans are cooking.